I absolutely LOOOOOOVE muffins! These plump vegan blueberry muffins are the perfect compliment to your morning. They are super easy to make and so delicious. I make these on Sunday so throughout the week we have a great grab and go breakfast option.
These muffins are light, fluffy, and full of FLAVOR! Also sure to become a favorite in your home as well.
If you’re more of a visual person, here’s the video tutorial on how to make these yummy muffins. Vegan Blueberry Muffin Tutorial
Hope you try out these delicious muffins! ENJOY!
VEGAN BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 35m
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups organic AP flour (gluten free will work as well)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or Apple Cider Vinegar
- zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together flax seed meal and water in a small bowl and set aside. Also mix together milk and lemon juice, set side.
- In a large bowl cream together vegan butter and sugar. Add in flax egg and extracts, mix well again.
- in a bowl Lightly dust your blueberries with about 1-2 tsp of flour (this ensures your blueberries wont sink the bottom of the muffins during cooking)
- Whisk together all dry ingredients (including lemon zest) add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter and 1/2 of the wet mixture. Mix until slightly incorporated, add another 3rd of the flour and the rest of the wet ingredients. On the last alternation fold in the blueberries until JUST incorporated.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out the center clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
**These muffins will last 3-5 days in a air tight container on the counter.**