I’m here to share a lovely little recipe. Ever had a hankering for cupcakes but you don’t want to make a huge recipe that makes 12 cupcakes? I have JUST the solution, this small batch cupcakes recipe makes 6 perfect chocolate vegan cupcakes that can be whipped up any time! (and I bet you have all these ingredients in your pantry now)
These are perfect to make for a small birthday party or just a weekend treat for your family! Whatever your reason is to make them I’m sure you will definitely love these yummy cupcakes!
SMALL BATCH CUPCAKES WITH FROSTING! – VEGAN
Created by Wildsunflowerchef
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 35m
- Yield: 6 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk, warm
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (such as earth balance), cold
- 2-1/2 cup organic powder sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Warm almond milk in the microwave or stovetop.
- In a small bowl add your almond milk, ACV, and instant coffee. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. Whisk in baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the almond milk mixture, coconut oil, apple sauce, and vanilla extract. Mix until just incorporated.
- Divide between 6 cupcake liners. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- TO MAKE THE FROSTING: In a large bowl add your cold vegan butter. (It’s best to use the earth balance straight from the fridge as room temp will literally turn into liquid mush). Beat your butter till slightly smooth then add in your sifted powder sugar in two batches. Add in your splash of almond milk, pinch of salt, and vanilla. Beat until incorporated, if the frosting is too loose add more sifted sugar if its too stiff add almond milk as needed. decorate cupcakes as you please!