Hi friends! I’m here to share a ridiculously easy for homemade toaster strudel!! Yes I said it; you can finally make our childhood favorite at home, anytime you want, with just 5 simple ingredients in just 30 minutes!! It doesn’t get any better than that people.
These little pastries are so flaky, buttery, and flavor packed.
The best part about this recipe (aside from the fact it literally takes no time to make), you can make it either vegan or vegetarian! (so everybody wins!!!) Also you can make them ANY flavor you please.
So I hope you guys try out this easy recipe, and if you do please tag me in your photos! I love to see all of your lovely recreations! Enjoy!
Homemade Toaster Strudel
- prep time: 10 min
- cook time: 20 min
- yield: 6 toaster strudel
- 1 package of Puff Pastry (for vegan version make sure it has no eggs or milk!) (I used Gefen brand)
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves of choice (I used strawberry)
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tablespoon water (for vegetarian version) or 2 TB earth balance, melted (for vegan version)
- 1 cup Organic Powder Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface, cut 12 even rectangles.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of your fruit preserves onto the center of 6 of the pieces, carefully place the other dough on top, with your finger carefully push all the air out of that could be trapped inside (making sure not to push the jam out). Then crimp the edges of the pastry with a fork.
- Place the pastry on a parchment paper or silicone mat lined baking sheet. With a pastry brush, brush on top the egg-wash (for vegetarian version) or melted vegan butter (for vegan version). Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix together powder sugar and milk until smooth and glazey (is that a word?)
- Drizzle the glaze over the hot toaster strudel and let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.