Hello again! I’m here today to share this super easy and super yummy recipe for vegan biscuits! I have been wanting to make a vegan biscuit recipe but I just now got around to doing it!
Few of you may know, when I was working for the clippers I was the teams biscuit QUEEN. I literally made biscuits every. single. day. And if we ran out before CP3 or JJ came in, guess who had to stop everything they were doing and make another batch? Yes me, people would almost throw hissy fits if I didn’t make them that day LOL.
Fast forward to right now when I’m craving a hot fluffy biscuit, I decided to try my original recipe exactly using non dairy products… lets just say the first attempt was an absolute #fail. Now the second time I made them, I played with the recipe a bit and wah-lah. They came out PERF.
These biscuits are light, fluffy, and have a tender crumb.
They really remind me of the ones that the players and coaches swooned over, only veganized! These are amazing for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. I’m sure they will be a hit with your family! Try it out and let me know!
THE BEST “BUTTERMILK” VEGAN BISCUITS!
Created by Wildsunflowerchef
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 30m
- Yield: 6 biscuits
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons earth balance, frozen**
- 1/2 cup + 1-2 TBSP almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon agave or honey (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together almond milk and ACV. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add in all your dry ingredients and stir to blend well. Add in your frozen butter (cut into cubes is best) then begin to cut together butter and flour with a pastry blender or your hands. Once the butter is cut down to almost pea sized pieces add your almond milk mixture, and with your hand knead the dough together into a ball.
- Place the ball of dough onto a floured surface and roll out to about an inch thick and cut out 6 biscuits. Brush the tops of your biscuits with a mixture of melted earth balance **(and honey or agave if you’re vegan)** this step is completely optional but I do it with my biscuits every time. ** Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and delicious. Serve with plenty of vegan butter and jam.
NOTES: This recipe can easily be doubled to make 12 biscuits!