So I’m on a roll to show you guys some awesome fun and easy recipes to make for the summertime! These teriyaki pineapple bowls are absolutely adorable and so easy to make! I’ve seen these floating around the internet so I was thinking it’s about time I brought a vegan version!
The teriyaki can be made either “beef” or “chicken” and you could add onions or peppers if that floats your boat. These boats make the perfect lunch or dinner for two and you can use the leftover pineapple to make some fruity cocktails to go with this meal! YUM.
I hope you guys enjoy this fun meatless meal idea! If you make it please tag me in your photos! I love seeing your recreations! Also if you have any recipes you’d like to see me make I’m always taking suggestions!
VEGAN TERIYAKI BOWL
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 2
- 1 pineapple
- 1 package meatless beef or chicken strips or seitan strips
- white jasmine rice for serving
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- juice of half a orange
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or honey if not vegan
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a bowl mix together soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin, orange juice, sugar, and minced garlic. Add to a small sauce pan over medium-low heat and reduce by half.
- In a different skillet saute meat strips for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned. Pour over sauce and cook for 5 minutes to let the sauce thicken on the “meat”.
- While your meat cooks cut your pineapple in half and scoop out the center leaving about a inch around the perimeter. Save the insides for another use!
- Fill your pineapple boats with rice on one side and teriyaki “beef” on the other. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, garnish with cilantro or green onions, and serve immediately!