SUPER-BOWL SUNDAY IS ALMOST UPON US!!!! Do y’all love football? I know my family does; they LOVE football so much super-bowl Sunday is practically like a holiday at my fathers house. I was afraid Sundays for me and my family would become awkward now that I don’t eat 90% of the things my dad makes for game day; que in the these vegan buffalo wings & oven fries to save the day! These bad boys are the perfect finger food that remind you of tasty traditional wings meal without the guilt!
These are so easy to make and along with some oven fries and you’ll have one awesome spread to bring over and share with all your family and friends!
In just a few easy steps… YOU GOT WANGZ
(I did half hot sauce, half BBQ. BBQ definitely won)
So I hope you guys try these “wings” and bring them to your next family function! Even the meat eaters in your family will like these. 🙂
Vegan Buffalo Wings with Ranch & Crispy Oven Fries
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 35
YEILDS: 3-4 servings
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1-1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Hot sauce
- BBQ sauce
Carrots & Celery for dipping**
- 2 Tb vegan sour cream (store bought or my 5 ingredient vegan sour cream)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill weed, chopped
- 3 Tablespoon vegan mayo
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp parley, chopped
In a small bowl mix together ACV and almond milk
2. Wash your potatoes and slice them into wedges, the easiest way to do this is to cut the potato in half length wise, then again length wise and then cut each half into 3 wedges.
3. After cutting all your potatoes, drizzle with a little oil (this is optional) season with 1/2-1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, and a few dashes of black pepper. Mix well and then place on a silicon mat or parchment paper, it’s very important to make sure your potatoes have room between them. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl mix together your flour, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. salt, few dashes black pepper. Mix well then add your almond milk, add more milk if the batter is still too thick. The batter should resemble a traditional fried chicken batter.
5. Dip each cauliflower piece into the batter and line on parchment paper or silicon mat (i did mine on a wire rack and it stuck >_<).
6. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes, then flip the potatoes and bake bake for another 15 minutes. Cook the cauliflower for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and cover in your hot sauce mixture or BBQ sauce. Place onto the baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes or until slightly crispy on the outside.
TO MAKE THE RANCH:
Mix together your mayo, sour cream, dill weed, lemon juice, parsley, and seasoning to taste.I know everybody likes their ranch different so if you prefer more dill add more dill, if you want more garlic powder, salt or pepper add more. Mix well and set in the fridge while your potatoes and cauliflower cook.