Happy new year everybody! Gosh, I cannot believe it is 2017 already. I’m super excited for all things to come this year, especially more delicious plant based recipes! I’m starting this year off with some easy no bake vegan granola bars… YES you heard me correctly! NO BAKE! These bad boys are easy peesy to put together and you can easily switch out whatever add ins you want.
These granola bars remind me of the chewy oatmeal bars my mom would put into my lunch box as a kid, only 10x better. Peanut buttery, chocolatey goodness… My boyfriend and I have already devoured this batch, but they are so easy I’ll put another one together some time this week, thats how GOOD these bars are!
I hope that you guys enjoy these yummy granola bars and that they become a staple in your house like they have mine. I eat them on the go, put them in my smoothie bowls, or just snack while watching TV lol.
NO BAKE VEGAN GRANOLA BAR
Created by Wildsunflowerchef
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 25m
- Yield: 12 bars
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup agave (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 6 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup puffed rice cereal (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 handful dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 handful of dried cherries
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 handful dried coconut flakes
- pinch of salt
- Toast oats in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes.
- Once the oats have cooled add them to a large bowl with with the nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, and puffed rice.
- In a food processor, blend dates into a smooth paste. Then add to a sauce pan along with your nut butter, coconut sugar, and agave. Melt everything together over medium heat. Pour over your oat mixture and mix very well.
- Line a quarter sheet pan with some parchment paper or use a silicon mat and press the granola mixture down (I used a measuring cup covered in plastic wrap) as hard and evenly as you can for at-least a minute. (this ensures your bars will stick together) Place in the fridge and chill for 1-2 hours, then cut into bars. I went the extra mile and drizzled more chocolate on top but thats totally not necessary.