Chunky Monkey Nice Cream
Chunky monkey nice cream?! Some of you may be familiar with nice cream, some of you may be like “what the hell is nice cream?” well friends, nice cream is ice cream made from frozen Bananas! Yes frozen bananas create a smooth creamy ice cream like substance that is a NO guilt treat that you should enjoy immediately!
When I was a kid Ben & Jerry’s chunky monkey was my FAV ice cream! My dad would bring it home and I would of course eat around the nuts because that banana ice cream is, was, and will always be AMAZING! Unfortunately you can’t eat ice cream everyday, but you can definitely have this nice-cream bowl everyday *inserts evil kermit meme* since this bowl is just bananas and cacao powder its technically good for you, yup thats my story and I’m sticking to it.
I’m sure you guys will love this nice cream bowl. If you like chunky monkey ice cream or those fudge/banana popsicles that the ice cream man use to sell then this is definitely for you! If you try it out please tag #wildsunflowerchef in your pictures so I can see your super awesome creations!
CHUNKY MONKEY SMOOTHIE BOWL
Created by Wildsunflowerchef
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- Serves: 1 bowl
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey, divided
- 1/4 cup almond milk, divided
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cacao powder
- BANANA NICE CEAM: Place your frozen bananas, vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp of sweetener, splash of almond milk into a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy like soft serve ice cream. Pour 3/4 of this mixture into your bowl and set it in the freezer while you make your chocolate smoothie.
- CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE: place 1/4 of the nice cream mixture, cacao powder, remaining sweetener, ice, and remaining almond milk into the blender and blend until smooth. Pour along side the banana nice cream.
- Top your bowl with sliced banana, walnuts, and chopped dark chocolate. I even cut up some vegan granola bars and topped it on their as well. It was excellent!