Today I’m here to give a honest review on BeyondMeat The Beyond Burger Patty (the plant-based patties that look and cook like real meat). Now I am one who is VERY skeptical of veggie burgers because most of them have the texture of mush which I do NOT find appealing at all. So when I kept seeing these “veggie” burger patties that bleed when they cook I was intrigued. I decided to look online and see “What the hell these things are made from.” And to my surprise it wasn’t soy (YAY) and to my surprise again it was peas (inserts confused face emoji). So I headed to my local Wholefoods and found the patties very hilariously placed in the meat section.
I decided to season the burgers with my favorite seasoning ever because I’m a strong believer in when you want something to taste like the original, SEASON IT LIKE THE ORIGINAL!
McCormicks Montreal steak is my favorite but feel free to use whichever seasonings you have on hand.
I have tried these patties out both ways, on the grill and in a skillet. Grill WINS, nothing beats that smokey char that the grill provides, although the skillet version wasn’t bad either.
You must also make sure you’re careful not to overcook the patties, 2-3 minutes per side is best.
Im going to share with you 2 easy recipes on how to make some delicious plant-based burgers featuring the beyond burger. I hope you guys try these burger recipes out. I definitely LOVED them and this is coming from a girl who loves a good burger. The patties have a great chew and flavor they really remind you of the original thing without the guilt or killing of a beautiful cow. SO, get to your nearest store and try these bad boys out.
(This post is my own personal opinion and is not sponsored by or affiliated to BeyondMeat)
CRISPY ONION BBQ BURGER:
- 1 beyond meat burger patty
- Burger Bun
- 1 slice of Daiya cheddar cheese
- BBQ sauce of choice
- slice tomato
- 1 recipe of crispy onions
- slice of lettuce
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 a small onion sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- peanut or grape-seed oil for frying
– in a bowl combine your apple cider vinegar and almond milk. Then set your sliced onions in this mixture and set to the side.
– In a zip loc bag or another bowl combine all your dry ingredients and mix well. Take your onions out of the almond milk mixture and put them into the flour to coat. Shake off the excess flour and then drop into your hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
PUT IT TOGETHER: firstly spread some mayo on both sides of your burger buns, then place your lettuce and tomato on the bottom bun. Place your BeyondBurger patty on the tomato along with the slice of cheese and your crispy onions and bbq sauce. Top with your burger bun and enjoy!
VEGAN IN-N-OUT STYLE BURGER:
- Burger bun
- 1 recipe for grilled onions
- 1 recipes for secret sauce
- BeyondMeat BeyondBurger Patty
- 1 Daiya cheddar slice
Vegan In N Out Sauce:
- 2 TB vegan mayo
- 1 TB ketchup
- 2 tsp chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– Mix all your ingredients together and set aside.
- 1-2 tsp oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup onion, small dice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp water
– In a small sauté pan add your oil and onions and cook over low-medium heat until your onions become translucent and slightly brown. If you find your onions sticking or burning add your water. Cook until your onions are brown and delicious.
PUT IT TOGETHER: Place your toasted buns on a plate, firstly put your lettuce and tomato on the bottom bun, add your BeyondBurger patty and slice of cheese. Add your caramelized onions and in n out sauce, top with the bun and enjoy!